With the 25th May deadline looming before the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) comes into force, it is vital that businesses start making the necessary preparations now to ensure they are ready in time, or risk severe financial penalties.
When handled correctly though, GDPR represents an opportunity for businesses to increase consumer trust by demonstrating that they take data privacy and security seriously.
Praetorian Security and Chat Marketing have teamed up to bring you the ‘Solving The GDPR Puzzle’ half day workshop series, where we explain the legal jargon and your responsibilities, in an easy to understand way, providing practical advice and tips that you will be able to take action on straight away.
What You’ll Learn:
- What the GDPR legislation covers and why you can’t afford to ignore it
- The implications for you and your business (what it *really* means)
- The Myths & Distractions to ignore
- The Silver Lining in the GDPR cloud
- 4 Key areas of change
- How to get GDPR Ready
After the workshop, you’ll:
- Understand how this applies to you & your business
- Know the first steps for your GDPR Ready Action Plan
- Be able to champion GDPR Readiness in your organisation
- Understand how much it might cost to get GDPR ready (time & money)
- Know your obligations and responsibilities and how to manage them
- Protect yourself and your organisation better
- See the legislation as a positive opportunity to re-engage with your audience
Who Should Attend:
Business owners, board members, heads of department, marketing, HR & IT managers, and anyone who feels they are the only one in their organisation worried about GDPR and the impending deadline.
What Others Say About The Workshop:
“Great course, very informative and absolutely essential that a cross section from all businesses attended!” Victoria, Marketing Executive
“An excellent workshop that dealt with all the key issues and set out a clear plan for meeting my objectives – great speakers.” Alistair, Business Owner
“Fantastic course! Covered a huge amount of content in the time that we had. I would not hesitate to recommend Sam and Alan.” Anna, PR & Marketing Assistant
“What a fantastic session! The trainers delivered such a comprehensive and easy to understand view of GDPR.” Maya, Business Owner
Still not sure whether this workshop is right for you? Here’s some stats from our recent delegates:
– 100% of our survey respondents said they would recommend this event to others.
– 80% of our survey respondents rated: content covered; delivery by trainers; relevance to their organisation and their enjoyment of the event overall as Very Good, which was the top rating available on the survey.
Meet Your Trainers:
Praetorian Security have over 12 years of cyber security expertise, over 27 years of ISO experience and a combined 18 years of experience running small businesses.
They are translators between technical and business requirements, specialising in helping small businesses to build their capacity and put them back in control of their business, their cyber security and their GDPR compliance.
Alan is the Managing Director and founder of social media training and coaching company Chat Marketing. He has over 16 years’ marketing experience and is in demand as a social media speaker and coach, having spoken at events alongside international brands such as Harley Davidson, Volkswagen and Zappos.
Alan currently helps business owners and marketers understand how to use social media and email marketing to win more business and become more profitable, and regularly delivers workshops for The Chartered Institute of Marketing and Business Gateway.
We are also running this workshop in Edinburgh on 6th Feb. Further dates and locations are being considered.